Monday, March 2, 2009

Exploring Social Networking Sites

Before this assignment I was already an avid user of Facebook and maybe I'm partial to it but I still found it to be the best of the four sites I visited.

To me, as I signed up and logged into Friendster, I already had the notion that it was an outdated social networking site that the older generation used, such as professors, no offense. Whether or not it is true, I couldn't shake off the idea when I was browsing through the site. I found it bland.

MySpace on the other hand, felt too cluttered with advertisements and it distracted me.

Tagged was simplistic but user friendly. However, when I had it for a few weeks I began to notice that it had become more like a online dating site/search engine. More overseas students and people used it than Americans.

In retrospect, a big factor in how much you feel towards a social networking site, is determined by how many of your friends are on it. User interaction is important for these sites.
And that is probably why I still stick with Facebook in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment